On Friday August 24, 2018; Donald Trump tweeted about the economy “probably the best our country has ever done.”
The following links provide statistical data to check that claim.
- US Economy: Statistics at a Glance
- Trading Economics: United States GDP Growth Rate
- Statistica: Quarterly Growth of the Real GDP in the United States from 2011 to 2018
- United States Department of Labor: Bureau of Labor Statistics
- BEA: U.S. Economy at a Glance
69 officials as of September 16, 2018
Comments & Actions
July 19, 2015: Trump states that John McCain is not a war hero and that he prefers people that aren’t captured.
July 30, 2016: Trump mocks Gold Star family
October 29, 2016, October 31, 2016, November 2, 2016, November 5, 2016, January 22, 2017: Trump praises FBI Director James Comey
October 31, 2016: Trump comments about Hillary, if elected, would be investigated.
August 12, 2017: Trump condemns hatred displayed ‘on many sides’ at violent rally in Charlottesville, Virginia.
August 15, 2017: David Duke thanks Trump for ‘condemning the leftist terrorists’ in Charlottesville.
August 25, 2017: Trump pardons ex-Arizona sheriff Joe Arpaio: White House
September 30, 2017: Puerto Rico crisis: San Juan mayor pleads for federal aid, Trump hits back.
October 17, 2017: Trump reportedly tells the widow of a US soldier killed in action ‘he knew what he signed up for’
November 21, 2017: President Trump defends Roy Moore despite misconduct allegations
December 4, 2017: Trump backs Alabama Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore
January 11, 2018: Trump makes comment on “shit hole countires.”
- February 13, 2017: Michael Flynn resigns as National Security Advisor.
- March 2, 2017: Attorney General Jeff Sessions had contact with Russia during the campaign.
- March 20, 2017: FBI confirms probe of Trump-Russia connection.
- March 22, 2017: Report: Paul Manifort worked to benefit Putin in 2005.
- March 22, 2017: FBI Has information suggesting Trump camp may have coordinated with Russians.
- March 30, 2017: Flynn offers to testify in Russia probe for Immunity.
- April 2, 2017: Flynn did not disclose income from Russian companies.
- May 8, 2017: Former Department of Justice official admits she warned Trump Russia could have blackmailed Flynn.
- May 9, 2017: Trump fires FBI Director James Comey.
- May 11, 2017: Trump reveals he asked Comey whether he was under investigation.
- May 15, 2017: Trump reveals classified information to Russians during meeting.
- May 17, 2017: Deputy Attorney General, Rod Rosenstein, appointed former FBI director, Bob Muller, to be a special counsel overseeing the investigation into Russian interference.
- May 18, 2017: Revealed that Trump asked Comey to drop Flynn probe.
- May 19, 2017: “I just fired the head of the FBI. He was crazy, a real nut job.” Donald Trump.
- May 22, 2017: Flynn to plead the Fifth, not comply with Senate Intel subpoena in Russia probe.
- May 25, 2017: Kushner now under FBI scrutiny in Russia probe.
- May 26, 2017: Report: Jared Kushner proposed secret communications channel with the Kremlin.
- June 5, 2017: Top-secret NSA report: Russian hackers tried to breach US voting systems days before the election.
- June 9, 2017: James Comey speaks out on Trump: ‘I was honestly concerned he might lie’
- June 13, 2017: Attorney General Jeff Sessions calls allegations he colluded with the Russians a ‘detestable lie’ during Senate hearing.
- June 14, 2017: Trump being investigated for possible obstruction of justice.
- June 16, 2017: Trump confirms he’s under investigation, appears to attack Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein over ‘witch hunt’
- June 18, 2017: Trump lawyer: President not under investigation in Russia probe
- July 7, 2017: President Donald Trump calls meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin an ‘honor,’ cites ‘very good talks.’
- July 7, 2017: Trump presses Putin on Russian involvement in US election during first meeting
- July 8, 2017: Trump’s campaign team met with a Russian lawyer believed to work ‘at the behest’ of the Kremlin.
- July 8, 2017: Trump’s son met Russian lawyer after promise of information on Clinton: NY Times
- July 2017: New York Times reveal existence of the meeting between Donald Trump Jr. and Russian lawyer, Natalia Veselnitskaya. Trump Jr. stated that the meeting was to primarily discuss the adoption of Russian children by Americans.
- One day later Trump Jr. released emails which stated that he accepted the meeting after being promised dirt on Hillary Clinton.
- A few days later, press secretary, Sean Spicer, reiterated that the meeting was about the adoption of Russian babies.
- July 17, 2017: President Trump tweets: Most politicians would have gone to a meeting like the one Don jr attended in order to get info on an opponent. That’s politics!”
- July 31, 2017: The Washington Post reports that Trump dictictated Jr’s initial statement about adoption. Trump’s personal lawyer, Jay Sekulow denied the president was involved.
- January 29, 2018: information comes out that the final legal position was that president Trump was behind the initial statement about adoption.
- July 2018: Michael Cohen claims that Trump did know about the meeting with the Russians and approved it. Trump tweeted: “I did NOT know of the meeting with my son, Don Jr.
- August 5, 2018: Trump tweeted that the Trump Tower meeting was “to get information on an opponent.”
- July 11, 2017: Donald Trump Jr. releases emails setting up his meeting with ‘Russian government attorney.’
- July 14, 2017: A Russian-American lobbyist says Russian lawyer presented documents in Donald Trump Jr. meeting
- July 18, 2017: Eighth person at controversial Trump Jr. meeting at Trump Tower identified
- July 24, 2017: Jared Kushner to reporters: “I did not collude with Russia.”
- July 31, 2017: Trump dictated misleading statement on son’s meeting with Russian
- August 3, 2017: Mueller impanels Washington grand jury in Russia probe
- August 4, 2017: Special counsel Mueller asks White House for Flynn documents
- August 6, 2017: Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein: Trump has not directed feds to investigate Clinton
- August 30, 2017: Kremlin confirms it received Trump adviser’s email about Moscow project, but ignored it
- August 30, 2017: Trump Jr. to testify in Senate, Manafort lawyer subpoenaed
- September 12, 2017: Members of Trump’s legal team reportedly wanted Jared Kushner to step down over his Russia ties
- October 30, 2017: Ex-Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort charged with ‘conspiracy against the United States’ in 12-count indictment
- December 1, 2017: Michael Flynn pleads guilty to lying to FBI in Mueller probe
- December 17, 2017: Mueller obtains ‘tens of thousands’ of Trump transition emails
- January 4, 2018: “You can’t make this s— up”: My year inside Trump’s insane White House. Michael Wolf’s book Fire and Fury.
- January 12, 2018: Trump’s lawyer reportedly paid a porn star $130,000 just before the election to keep her quiet about an alleged sexual encounter with Trump
- April 5, 2018: Video – Trump denies Stormy Daniels Payment
- May 3, 2018: Donald Trump tweets – “Mr. Cohen, an attorney, received a monthly retainer, not from the campaign and having nothing to do with the campaign, from which he entered into, through reimbursement, a private contract between two parties, known as a non-disclosure agreement, or NDA. These agreements are…..”
- August 22, 2018: Video – Trump states in an interview with Ainsley Earhardt of Fox & Friends “the payment came from me.”
- January 23, 2018: Sessions becomes first Trump cabinet member questioned in Mueller’s Russia probe
- January 30, 2018: Trump reportedly blew up at his staff aboard Air Force One after being warned against releasing the secret Russia investigation memo
- February 2, 2018: Trump attacks the FBI and Justice Department as the war over the memo and Russia investigation heat up
- February 14, 2018: Trump’s lawyer Michael Cohen says he paid Stormy Daniels $130,000 of his own money
- February 16, 2018: Ex-Playboy Playmate Karen McDougal claims she had 9-month affair with Trump – and deal to keep quiet
- March 1, 2018: Mueller asking if Trump knew about hacked Democratic emails before release
- March 15, 2018: Robert Mueller subpoenas Trump Organization on Russia documents, brings investigation closer to president
- April 15, 2018: Trump continues his Twitter tirade against ‘slimeball’ James Comey
- April 19, 2018: Guiliani joins Trump’s legal team.
- May 17, 2018: Trump lashes out over ‘the greatest witch hunt in American history,’ says ‘still no collusion and no obstruction’
- June 4, 2018: Trump: ‘I have the absolute right to pardon myself’
- July 16, 2018: ‘An absolute disgrace’: Republicans blast Trump for his ‘disgusting’ press conference with Putin
- July 17, 2018: Trump says he has confidence in US agencies on Russia, misspoke in Helsinki
- July 18, 2018: President Trump says Russia is no longer targeting US, contradicting intelligence assessments
- July 18, 2018: White House denies Trump said Russia no longer targeting US
- July 21, 2018: Trump responds to Cohen tape: ‘Totally unheard of and perhaps illegal’
- August 1, 2018: Trump: attorney general should end Russia probe ‘right now’
- August 5, 2018: Donald Trump says son’s meeting with Russians was to get Clinton dirt but ‘totally legal’
- August 18, 2018: White House counsel reported to be cooperating extensively with Mueller probe
- August 21, 2018: Trump’s former campaign chairman, Paul Manifort, convicted on eight counts.
- August 21, 2018: Ex-Trump attorney Cohen pleads guilty to charges involving hush money, calls it coordinated effort to influence election
- August 25, 2018: Report: Aides think Trump is signaling he wants to pardon Manafort
- August 31, 2018: At raucous rally, Trump threatens to ‘get involved’ with Justice Department, FBI
- September 4, 2018: Aides went behind Trump’s back to thwart decisions, new Bob Woodward book alleges
- September 5, 2018: Anonymous White House ‘senior official’ slams Trump in scathing NYT op-ed